Tuesday, March 29, 2011

On Realizing Dreams


In this world of uncertainties and continuous universal strife, we are left with no choice but to gather strength from our dreams. Dreams are the things we wish we are, we desire to have and we long to see. Four days ago, while getting totally bored out of having zero delivery in the morning in the hospital delivery room where I currently work, I couldn't help but reflect on what I really love since the very days I learned what it's like to dream. Yes, you read that right, to dream.

In life, we sustain the hardships because we hope that someday somewhere, when preparation meets opportunity, things fall in the most perfect timing. We share our simplest to the most complex wishes to our beloved Omnipotent that in the most possible moment, we can begin realizing our dreams. Dreams. Dreams. Dreams. All I want is to begin realizing my dreams. This is just a beginning of a quest.

A line which I composed when I was in high school suddenly popped into my mind. I wrote it in an old book which now I couldn't locate. It says, naniniwala ako na sa likod ng mga nagdidilimang ulap ay naroon pa rin ang haring araw sa pagpasikat ng kanyang malagintong pag-asa. It's been a while then. I suddenly miss print media.

Let's get back. Shift passed and I went straight home. I opened my Gmail Inbox and to my surprise I got an offer of place dated 25th of May from Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology in the northermost of the South Island in Aotearoa, approving my training application for the competency assessment program for my final nursing registration by the Nursing Council of New Zealand. 

I am gonna begin realizing my dreams months from now. I know it wouldn't be easy to be away from home but things are like that. As my wonderful friend says, we need to chase our dreams for a brighter tomorrow. I may not be able to become a medical doctor the soonest time I wanted but I am not gonna give it up. It's my dream. It means a lot to me. I may not be able to pursue it the soonest time I wanted, but I will continue chasing. I am in high hopes that I will be able to get it.

Nursing is a mind  stimulating profession anyway. After consuming those piles of books and retain heavy loads of it, one can say that medicine is frail without the art and science of my beloved profession.

2 comments: