Monday, June 10, 2013

We as Travelers

My feet ready to be on the go waiting for our flight at Auckland Domestic Airport going to QT. It was a delayed flight due to zero visibility in Queenstown area.
The adage saying that life is a journey is not just a mere inspiration to those who opt changes by getting out of their own comfort zones. For me, it is an essential thing everyone should be aware about.

Setting blueprints of what we really want ahead of us can be sometimes challenging. We go through different changes due to twists of circumstances, we go through changing designs and eventually decide and define them in course of time. I call it a personal metamorphosis.

I started getting into places by my own when I was already 20. From then, I realise that my world shouldn't just revolve in the confines of my own thinking, under my own rigid cranial vault. It was from that point that I started getting outdoors to release what is on my mind. By saying outdoors, I specifically say countryside. 

I grew up and was raised up in a nearly remote countryside in my native Cebu, Philippines. I first went to the city to have my college education and eventually work there for a short stance prior to my move in New Zealand.  It is not surprising that if I've got to chill out, I prefer to be in a countryside. 

My move to a completely foreign country two  years back was such a big transition. It is a transition towards more independence and more exploration on what life is there outside of what I called my comfort zone. It is a bigger world. In a bigger world, mediocrity is always transcended with the complexities of daily life scenarios but on the brighter side, it is also a world towards experiencing many better things, towards seeing more opportunities, towards meeting a lot of people from all walks and towards diverting your thinking from all arrays of just imaginations to realisations. Along with my move, I bring alongside me the blueprint I designed many years back, the blueprint that I consider as my own guiding principles for the things that I really want in life.

Now living in the biggest New Zealand metropolitan, it is an inevitable fact that deep within me, even for just in a while, could it be just twice in a year, I yearn for a countryside as an avenue to channel through tensioned but important thoughts that I earn from mingling in a busy metropolitan atmosphere and putting it back inside my cranium, refreshed without losing them. And also by doing such, it always give me a homelike feeling, easing the nostalgia of home. The scent of the trees, sounds of the crickets, chirping of the birds, green grasses, cows, the sparkling morning dew with a sunlight reflecting in an early morn and the cold feeling underfeet when you step on them and whatnots. These are just unimaginable.

Hence, travelling for yourself is not about reaching to a certain destination. Life is a journey. It is not just looking at the beautiful sights and taking snapshots. It is not just meeting people of some kinds and making friends with them. For me, it is also but a journey towards self discovery, mindfulness and self determination.

A signage just in the departure area.
                                 


No comments:

Post a Comment